April 03, 2005

Why "The Motown Elevator" ?

I think I should first explain the title of this techno, ambient and e-music blog. As many people know, Derrick May defined Techno as "Kraftwerk and Funkadelick stuck in an elevator" (more or less). I always have found that image very exciting and a very precise description of how Detroit Techno sounds. Something like: imagine that Kraftwerk are not german-born but african-american born in the Motor Town. Which music would they do?

I thought that the evocatory power of such image could be enhanced by putting that elevator at the Motown building in Detroit. So that's why I decided to name this blog as The Motown Elevator. A reason as silly as any other...

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger benchosei said...

Many thanks for the link. They sound delicious ! And the fact that they are remixing Marvin Gaye has really hit my heart.

I have also found useful information here and more music at the iTunes MS.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home