August 24, 2005

Drexciya speaks at Drexciya blog

I have found interesting things in a post at Drexciya Research Lab blog. The post is a compilation of different interviews with James Stinson. Some quotes follow:

  • "I got my first taste of techno around 1980-1981. I was a kid riding my bike with a small radio and Alleys Of Your Mind by Juan Atkins came on. I stopped my bike to get a better listen"
  • "We don't make songs based on a concept. We make the songs first and deal with the concept around the songs. The whole thing with the aquatic world was created due to how creative and innovative water is"
  • "(Ego free music)Right. Most definitely. And that's the way it should be. Because if you make music for any other purpose, it's not going to come out right. It's not going to feel free, you're not going to be able to create freely like you're supposed to. You'll be making music to survive, you'll be making music for phoney reasons. But if you make music because you love it and because it's in your blood, I think you're going to make some of the most beautiful things that anybody has ever heard"
  • "As far as I m concerned, Richie Hawtin, Moby, and all the rest of em can do what they want, but don t step into my house if you don t respect it. Don t even call what you do techno ! "


Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home