October 18, 2005

Musicians out there: give me blogs, don't give me interviews !

If blogs were invented in the 70's, can you imagine how wonderful would be to have today a collection of blog posts by Kraftwerk, Eno or Bowie? I would read that instead of any interview or biography.
I collect a lot interviews with my favorite artists and musicians. Just look at the links in this blog. However, I have come to realize that I don't find too many things interesting there. The question-answer game between the (sometimes ignorant) interviewer and the interviewed leaves a lot of room for improvement. In many cases, different interviews ask the same questions again and again. I don't even trust in the edit and transcription of the interview.
Now, forget about interviews with musicians and look at musicians who blog, instead. In a blog you can really appreciate the soul of an artist. In a blog they talk about what they think it is important for them. They don't answer stupid, banal questions: In the best case they ask the questions to themselves or to their fans, and even engage with them in a dialog.
The important thing, however, is not in the blog per-se, as it looks today, but in the information that the blog will accumulate as time passes. That would provide us an accurate trace of their souls, their transformations, their influences, thoughts about their own music and about the times they were living. Real fans will appreciate that more than any other thing in the world.
Finally, as this is a techno blog, please take a look at these techno artists who blog: Jeff Mills (with wonderful photos), Alan Oldham (who blogged extensively about his move from the US to Berlin) or Drexciya (hard to read, but interesting). I couldn't find more, for now. I would love to see blogs by the following artists: Derrick May, Richie Hawtin, Carl Craig, Richard James (Aphex Twin), John Tejada, Juan Atkins, FSOL, UR...
So, please, artists, musicians, dj's: give me blogs! or, better yet, give me podcasts !!!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grat blog!!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ops GREAT

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah... good thought !!!

I condivide what you writed here...

...would be nice have blogs from great

artists... but they don't make.. could

you found the reason ?

Most of them are technological man...

for now, enjoy my podxast ;)

Ps:... you are linked to... I like

too much your minimal thoughts ! ;) !!

8:01 PM  
Blogger benchosei said...

Thanks for the idea on "minimal thoughts". I actually did not plan to do "minimal thoughts" blogging but I really like the idea, because I am sooo lazy for writing (but not so lazy for thinking).
I will change my blog headline to reflect that. Thanks.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

was natural, spontaneus...

was one moment, " what write to link to this guy ? ... simple ! minimal thoughts !...

don't thank me... it's the nice of life...
what people have inside and sometimes

come out to " take air "...

have a nice halloween my friend...

MJ

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home